Monday, January 26, 2009

mom's secrets & love letters from old boyfriends

So I found her old love letters in the attic...
and last night I began to read them...

one of the admirers was a man named Vinny...or Vince..
as he would call himself with her..

anyhow..I met this man Many years later...when my mother and father were older...and he would come and visit..and he even became a friend of my dads..

so I had just assumed that this was a no big deal relationship...

but....

i found love letters dating back 3 years....sooo funny...
plus others from another guy at the same time...

seemed my dad was the only one that could catch this girl!
anyhow..a few years ago...Vinny had died and mom had been best friends of his family and was still in touch with his sister...
so of course we drove to racine to go to the funeral.  mom forgot the time of the funeral..so we actually arrived an hour ahead of schedule..so we sat with the family...

well, when the funeral began...everyone came over to give their condolences..and i found myself shaking everyones hand..(they were sure we were with the family) dad was no longer alive at  this time..and i was sure he was really chuckling at this point...(grateful he didnt get roped into this)

anyhow..we were even invited to the family dinner afterward...

i thought at the time that was pretty strange and mom and i had a real laugh about it...

but she never told me about the 200+ love letters she had in the attic from this guy!!

oh the things we dont know about our parents....

catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment