Tuesday, February 3, 2009

missing frannie & bob


Since I have been going thru my parents things....I have experienced something that i didnt think i would...i found my dad within the pages of her memories...and although it has been 8 years since he died..when i read everything..i can hear him as though he is right here.

their world was WW2....and what followed...the leave it to beaver years...the nice home..the meal always at 6pm and everything was neat and on schedule..

my generation...well we rebelled from all those schedules and threw them all out...the good with the bad...that was our big mistake..we lost much of what was good and try now to recapture so much of it..
my mother  and father had so many friends...so many parties...so much fun... they were such social people...

well i cant remember the last time i had a dinner party and everyone dressed up..

or a fondue party...

or a waffle party where everyone brings a waffle maker..

it is special going thru all the things...
an honor really...a peak into the hearts and lives of some great people..
i miss frannie....and i miss bob
catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment